Selected articles, awards and presentations about PIVOT:
- Anthology Together (2022, July). A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: Supporting Ultra Adoption via Feature Tracking & Peer Feedback.
- DoIT News (2022, July 11). PIVOT Receives Blackboard Award for Training.
- DoIT News (2021, August 24). PIVOT Receives OLC Effective Practice Award.
- OLC Accelerate (2021, November). From Emergency Remote Instruction to Fully Online Teaching: A Peer Mentor PIVOT to Success Model. [faculty panel with Kate Drabinski, Eileen O’Brien, Sally Shivnan]
- Transforming the Teaching & Learning Environment (2021, February). Planning Instructional Variety for Online Teaching: PIVOT to Success.
- UMBC Magazine (2020, July). UMBC faculty on a mission to prepare robust, high-quality online classes for fall semester.
- UMBC Together (2020, November). The Empowered University: Teaching and Learning. Recording link.
- Anderson, N. (2020, October). How UMBC is experimenting with virtual learning during the pandemic. From The Washington Post.
- Online Learning Consortium Accelerate Conference (2020, November). Planning Instructional Variety for Online Teaching: PIVOT to Success.
- ITLC Lilly Conference: Enhancing Online, Onsite, and Hybrid Teaching and Learning (2020, December). Just Keep Swimming: Preparing Faculty to Teach Online After Crisis.
Related research about PIVOT:
- Fritz, J., Hawken, M., & Shinn, S. (2021). “Using Learning Analytics and Instructional Design to Inform, Find, and Scale Quality Online Learning.” In J. Liebowitz (Ed.), Online Learning Analytics. Taylor and Francis. | UMBC Box version (login req’d).
- Gurganus, Jamie R. et al.; Assessment of Online Professional Development on Faculty Teaching Virtually; 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access, 26 July, 2021
For information about this program, please contact: