End of Semester Sprint Offers Customized Consults to Faculty
Two Sprints. One Day. Choose your time & topic.
The end of semester is a busy time of year for everyone, especially faculty. Instructional Technology will host two 2-hour sprint sessions on Thursday, May 13, 2021 for faculty to virtually drop-in and receive a shared consult on key topics including:
- Recording & sharing videos with Panopto: Flip your classroom & prepare lectures.
- Building online community: Schedule, deliver & record virtual classes with Collaborate.
- Delivering & configuring virtual tests: Create online tests and promote academic integrity in online testing using Bb and Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Tuning up your Blackboard gradebook: Create columns, drop scores, check calculations, verify weighted totals, etc.
The May 13th sprint will occur in two time slots to accommodate varied schedules.
The virtual drop-in will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Please view either the Morning Sprint or Afternoon Sprint myUMBC events and join the session by clicking the "Join Online Event" button at the top of the event page.
Prior to the sprint
- For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
- If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
- After joining the session, please configure your audio. Having trouble accessing Collaborate? Please see our Troubleshooting Audio Problems or Networking Issues for Collaborate guides.
Please note that this is not formal training.
Posted: April 27, 2021, 11:37 AM